3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, October 10, 2011

43

Not nearly as cool as 101010 (which is 42... the answer to life, the universe, and everything), and I doubt I'll be pretending I'm participating in the Run for Rabies this year, but 101011 is 43, which is...

So I googled 43 and running, and came across this - Running Man Episode 43 (the "sports competition" starts about 11min in). I'm really at a loss for words here...

I tried to think of other things that might involve 43 and swimming, cycling, running, etc. My immediate thought was heart rate, and 43 bpm is an acceptable resting heart rate for athletes. Then I thought of cycling... for a cadence of 43 rpm, you should listen to music with 86 bpm. This lead me to velocity... and apparently Usain Bolt has a top end speed of 43 mph! Apparently Dennis Eckersley, Don Perkins, and Martin Biron were the "best athletes" who wore #43... ok, I really can't think of any other way to link this number to anything reasonable! FYI, the jury is out on what 10-10 stands for in ten-code speak - either "negative" or "fight in progress", maybe it's a contextual thing. However, 10-10 = 0, always, math is great that way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment