- Out at Falls Lake, Nicole got 3rd in her age group at the open water mile swim. I give her a lot of credit for even getting in the water on Saturday morning, let alone swimming a crazy time... I was debating wearing arm warmers to run!!! Results
- Casting aside his plan to "just run for fun" after realizing he was in the top ten after the first few miles, Keith chased down runners to finish 4th overall (and 1st in his age group) at the Mountains-to-Sea Trail 12-miler!!! Andrea also raced well, finishing 3rd in her age group despite battling problems with her IT Band starting around Mile 9. Results
- Tim G. competed in the Beaverdam Olympic Distance Triathlon, finishing 3rd in his age group. He was ranked 10th on the run even though he strained his calf muscle... the competition better watch it! Results
- John Crews (TAF Elite) finished 1st at the Tar Heel 10 Miler in a time of 49:01 (that's insane). And, despite having scar tissue scraped from his ankle just days before, Dave Meyer raced well, finishing 80th out of 1300+ runners. Results
- The finish line was a sea of red at the Young Life 5K (5 of the top 8 runners were from TAF, with 4 of us finishing in the top 5... those are some pretty good numbers). James finished in 18:42, for 1st overall (and a PR). Sean was 3rd overall despite being nearly sidelined by a hula-hooping walker who was just finishing up her first mile as Sean was finishing his third. He was followed closely by a planet-print-toga-clad Joe Miller, who grabbed 1st in his age group. On the women's side, Meghan and Rita were a formidable force, helping each other through the first mile to finish 1st and 3rd respectively. Results
- Kirby finished 7th overall in the Pilot Mountain Pay Back Marathon (that just sounds painful).
- Gary Franks was 1st in his age group at the Cary 10K Road Race. Results
3 New Ways to Follow E3!
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!
Spring Half Marathon Training Program
Or join us on one of our group runs!
Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)
Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
4/10-11 Race Reports: Blinding Fast Speed
... or just blinding! Anyways, looks like it was another GREAT weekend for TAF. We had teammates competing in everything from swimming to running to triathlons:
Posted by Meghan Hegarty at 10:12 PM