3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, June 21, 2012

Q: What can I do about the horse flies in Umstead?

Km: KILL THEM! Seriously, if every runner killed ever horse fly that landed on them, I think we might make a dent in the population. Ok ok, not really, but I really HATE horse flies. They take over Umstead for like 3-weeks every summer, and we just started marathon training, it just seems unfair! So, as I am not about to not run in Umstead for the next almost month... BUG SPRAY! I read through the thread, and couldn't stop laughing at some of the comments, and about halfway down I realized that they were talking about horses and not people.

Unfortunately, I tend to believe what that grad student in entomology said... bug sprays are not effective against horse flies because they're too freaking big and you'd need a dose that might harm small kids (or small runners). DANG IT!  

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the ONLY real practical way is to use this - http://www.boundarywaterscatalog.com/prodimg/C0500010.jpg

    or you can use my homemade smoothie ingredient. Everybody who tried it seems to repel from me so maybe it would work with the horse flies.

    ReplyDelete