3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, January 4, 2013

Weekend Outlook

Time to dust off your racing shoes from Monday/Tuesday for the Frosty 25k/50k this Saturday (Winston-Salem, 8AM)! I know that we have several teammates competing, so good luck. The Ocean Isle 5k and Half Marathon is also on Saturday (Ocean Isle, 9AM).

I found a review of the Thumb Timer that Keith won earlier this fall. For those of you not familiar with the Thumb Timer, it's a timer that you wear on your thumb that you can use to, well, time stuff with. But not really. Actually, you have no clue how much time has gone by, only that a certain amount of time either has (denoted by a vibration, loud beep, and/or flashing light) or hasn't (denoted by nothing) gone by. So, it's uses for running are rather limited, it's uses for other things are also limited. Apparently, their choice of interval length leaves something to be desired, and those sporting it got some weird looks (so I guess the models on the packaging aren't real users). Oh well, it made me laugh, I can't believe they gave it 4 stars! 

p.s. As some of you might have noticed, I don't think I can keep up writing every weekday... my #1 New Year's Resolution is to graduate! I'll post stuff as I find it as best I can, and continue with the Weekend Outlook and Race Reports. - Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment