3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ready... Set... Set... Set...

I am used to races starting "fashionably late" (~5 minutes or so from the stated start time) to allow for the race director to thank everyone, the national anthem to play, etc. I get really anxious though when the time creeps up much more than this. I mean, the whole point of a warm-up is to be warmed-up at the start... standing around for 10 or so minutes kind of nullifies this. I'll usually stretch, do drills in place, anything to keep moving and distract myself. I never know if this wears me out more, or if it helps, or what exactly I should be doing (everyone else always looks so calm after all). So, here is some advice from Running Times:
  • If the delay is expected to be short, don't drink too much... you might not have enough time for another port-a-john run
  • If the delay is going to be more than an hour, put your warm-up clothes back on and repeat your warmup procedure as race time gets closer
  • Stay focused and calm (HA, that's not going to happen) by visualizing the race, listening to music, etc... whatever works best for you

No comments:

Post a Comment