3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend Outlook

I searched and searched for "local" races... not a lot of "just running" events (probably because it's the July in NC and ridiculously hot), but there are a lot of other cool events. On Saturday, there's the Cup 'n Cone Tour (it's hard to go wrong with an event that involves ice cream), the Little Uno Big Deuce (at least you don't get quite as hot swimming), and the Buckner Mission Man Tri. Other than that, I'm not sure what else is going on, so let us know and good luck and have fun if you're racing!

For World Record Friday, the Cup 'n Cone tour, and national ice cream month... the fastest marathon dressed as a dairy product is 3:55:05. David Smith set this record at the Cotswold Marathon (not the London Marathon?!?) in March of this year dressed as an ice cream cone. Oh, and is anyone planning on running the Toronto Marathon this fall?!? And, I've decided, someday when I stop caring about my times, I'm going to try to set the record for the fastest marathon dressed as a funfetti cupcake!

And my favorite swimming-related random picture of the week (to quote my favorite movie - "we got cows"):

3 comments:

  1. Alternatively, you could run dressed as an end piece of bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'll make it to the "gold level" of the Guinness Book of World Records somehow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TODAY IS END OF THE BREAD DAY! And yes, I'm eating lunch a half hour or so later than usual because I couldn't get the peanutbutter open because the lid was on too tight and my elbow kept popping (and really hurting) whenever I tried to open it... but I didn't want to "give up" and get something else because I was so excited for end of the bread day. I did finally get the jar open... danced around telling it I won... then promptly ate my sandwich (which should be spelled sandwhich in my opinion) because I was starving! And no, I'm not making any of this up :-)

    ReplyDelete