3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, November 14, 2011

Dinosaur vs Human


Could you outrun one? I mean, I know this is everyone's #1 concern when they wake up in the morning. I can't tell you how many times I have thought about what I would do if I walked outside and there was a T. rex standing in the parking lot (I would run zig-zags because I've heard this is the best way to outrun an alligator and I don't think playing dead would work just in case y'all were wondering). Ok ok... back to the topic at hand. In order to answer this question, paleontologists from the University of Manchester simulated the top speed of 5 different carnivorous dinosaurs: Compsognathus, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, Allosaurus and T. rex. Among there findings... the smaller dinosaurs were faster... but, unfortunately, we would likely make a good meal for any of these candidates. On a positive note, Usain Bolt could outrun Allosaurus and T. rex an for 100m at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment