3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pickle Juice

On the topic of disgusting beverages, there is a company that sells bottles of pickle juice. I like the spoof on Gatorade and all, and apparently it's now available in the sports drink section of H.E.B., but the thought of drinking 16oz of straight up pickle juice actually makes me nauseous. I mean, I like pickles and all, but ewwww... I don't care how bad my calf is cramping!

So, why would anyone drink pickle juice... is it really that much better? According to the study quoted on the PJ website, those who drank pickle juice stopped complaining of muscle cramps 37% sooner than those who drank water (and 45% sooner than those who drank nothing). Ok, so why not a normal sports drink? Well, scientists hypothesize that it's actually the vinegar in pickle juice that causes muscles to relax (vs. the sodium, potassium, and other electrolytes). Basically, the vinegar triggers a reflex that sends a message to our brains to tell our muscles to relax... the shocking taste literally distracts you from the pain!

... oh that website gets better and better - apparently they signed Jason Witten (tight end for the Cowboys) to endorse the product! Tiger Woods should totally jump on this deal, I mean he must be looking for sponsors since he lost them all! Furthermore, I think we should set our sights on sponsorship from some off-brand cereal. Forget Wheaties, I'm stopping at none other than Magic Stars...or maybe Confruity Crisp... I can almost see the cereal box now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment