3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, December 2, 2011

Weekend Outlook

My favorite Raleigh-area 5k is this weekend... the Jingle Bell 5k (St. Mary's at 10:30AM)! Why is it my favorite? Not because of the course, which was a bit too long two years ago (at least they kept it to a simple out-and-back last year)... or the fact that it's been freezing cold and/or raining both times I've run it... rather

THEY GIVE YOU JINGLE BELLS TO TIE TO YOUR SHOES DURING THE RACE! 

Yes, I kept mine on until Feb. 14th one year, and only took them off because I figured people might get annoyed during the Valentine's Massacre Relay. Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, but we have plenty of teammates who are racing. So, if anyone isn't as enamored with jingle bells as I am, feel free to "donate" them... I promise not to wear them on Sunday's long run until after we finish. Also on Saturday, the Get Fit NC Road Race is in Wake Forest (9AM) and the Reindeer Romp 5k is at the WakeMed Soccer complex (10AM).

In the holiday spirit, GU came out with a new flavor- Peppermint Stick. It is amazing... tastes like liquified candy canes... I highly recommend it. They've also come out with a Peanut Butter one, which I have yet to try, but heard is really good... they are one step closer to my "2-part epoxy concept" of combining two different flavors (like, I don't know, Jet Blackberry and Peanut Butter) to make the ultimate energy gel.

And, because they started playing Christmas music on the radio on Nov. 1st, I feel the need to revisit Thanksgiving... so, the record for the largest gathering of people dressed as turkeys was broken last Thursday at the 44th Annual Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot. 661 people dressed in a costume that included a MINIMUM of a turkey beak, a turkey colored bodysuit with plumes on the back, AND webbed turkey feet (yes, the rules are that specific)... gobble gobble! And, here's a new take on the Running of the Bulls:

No comments:

Post a Comment