3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, April 30, 2012

Boston 2013


I'm calling it now... registering next year is going to be *darn* near impossible! Between the harder qualification standards going into effect and the deferred entries from this year, there's going to be about two spots available for any guy under the age of 35. As for the rest of us, well I sure hope we "banked" some time so that we can sneak in before registration opens to everyone who "just" qualified. Ok, I might be exaggerating just a bit, but...


It just doesn't seem fair. While you may agree or disagree with my opinion on the qualifying time standards, I don't think many people can find fault with the premise that if you qualify, you should at least have the option of registering! I mean, last year they had shirts that specifically said "Boston Qualifier" on them! However, I didn't see a single shirt that said "Celebrity Runner" on it, which brings me to the point of this week's "theme"...

Are there some races that you should have to qualify for to run?

2 comments:

  1. Boston is WAY Overrated! Why Waste Your Hard Earned $$ & Time to Run with a Bunch of
    Primadonas. Pick Another Race & Spend Your $$
    Anywhere but Beantown. Running is Fun - Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the Boston is a bit hyped up... but it is a lot of fun to run. I mean, they have spectators lined up for 26.2-miles... haven't been to another race like it (having said that, I haven't run a lot of "big" marathons)!

    ReplyDelete