3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Meb... Meb...

Meb Keflezighi officially became my new running hero this year. I found this article on the Running Times website that is basically a "what he was thinking" from April through August 12th...

Apparently, when Brandon saw Meb on the greenway the day before the Tarheel 10-miler, he was nursing an injury. In fact, by the sound of it, his training was up-and-down through June (even though he raced well at Bay to Breakers and the San Diego Half Marathon)... it's hard to imagine that they guy who finished 4th at the Olympics was hoping to just make it to the starting line 2-months out!

His account of the race was really interesting. I'm glad even the elite athletes doubt themselves at some point and go through the:
  • I quit. I'm done. I'm not running again.
  • But I don't want a DNF, so maybe I'll just stick this out.
  • Well, I feel a little better now, maybe I can start making up some ground.
  • There's Mr. Basketball Shorts and Mrs. Running Skort... they're going down (ok, that cast of characters would never pass Meb, but yeah)
  • Maybe the people in my age group placed in the top 3 and I can still get something (no one Lance-Armstrong's-it-up on the local level)
  • I'm done I'm done I'm done... WAHOOO! So, when's the next race?
Anyways, read the article, it's interesting. And GO MEB!

No comments:

Post a Comment