3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cadence

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a good way to count strides? I lose track somewhere around 75, or sooner if I'm not running on a perfectly flat surface by myself. And, that's progress... I never got past 5 when I triple jumped. I don't know what it is, but I cannot count footsteps and not run into things. And, of the two, I'd rather not run into things.

Anyhoo, I know 180 is the ideal number, and I know that I don't get close to that for any significant amount of time. When I do though, I feel better for the minute or so that I approach what I imagine is 180. However, maintaining that rate is hard, and I usually get distracted by something else (like not falling), and I revert back to my slower cadence. I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem (the increased cadence I mean, not having to concentrate on not falling or running into things). Anyways, here are some things you can try:
  • Downhill accelerations (150-200m) down a gentle grade hill
  • Take as many steps as you can in 10m while minimizing ground contact 
  • Fartlek 0.5-1-2-1 (2 sets with counting strides on second rep)

No comments:

Post a Comment