3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TAF Races Into 2010!

Before we kick off the February races this weekend, I'll try and recap as much of January as possible. And I'm sorry if I'm leaving anyone out, a month is a long time for me to try and remember everything... so make some comment to that effect and I'll add your results! Oh, and even if I didn't leave you out, please comment on how the races went!

1/2/2010: Dave Meyer (Dave), David Kirby (Kirby), Jim, Laurel, Rita, Sean, Tim, and I headed to Chapel Hill for a trail run hosted by the Chapel Hill / Carrboro Trailheads. According to weather.com, I think it was 18 degrees ("fitness comfort" index of 1: uncomfortable), the trails were a bit muddy, but we did have a ton of FUN! I give Tim a lot of credit because he ran in shorts (I know I had lost track of the number of layers I was wearing)! Most of us made it through 1.5 loops before we left to go get coffee... I think Kirby was one of the few people out there who managed a full 2 loops.

1/9/2010: TAF was well represented at a number of races this weekend. Kirby raced in the Frosty 50K Trail Race (Winston-Salem, NC), turning in a great time of 4:18 and placing 18th overall. Dave ran in the Ocean Isle Bridge Run Half Marathon, and battled the wind to place 3rd in his age group. Bri traveled to Florida for the Walt Disney Half Marathon, running an insane time of 1:25 for 3rd in her age group. And finally, Rita, Andrea, and David Oyler (Oyler) headed to Durham for the Little River Trail Race. This TAF trio turned in great performances-- Rita was 10th in her age group, Andrea was 5th in her age group, and Oyler was 1st in his age group. Ok, I think that's it for that weekend. But seriously, awesome job to anyone who was brave enough to race because it was windy and "wicked" cold!

1/16/2010: TAF's two ultra-runners headed to Richmond, VA for the Swinging Bridge 50K. Brad ran an awesome race and PLACED 1ST OVERALL, crushing the second place runner by over 8 minutes. Kirby placed 3rd in his age group... I will never understand how y'all run that far at one time!

1/30-31/2010 (SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!): However, in case anyone wants to question TAF Racing's dedication to being the best running team ever, the News and Observer has documented proof: http://www.newsobserver.com/190/gallery/312974.html (picture 17). Sean and Dave were still crazy enough to run outside on Saturday (and maybe others were too)... some of us waited until Sunday before braving Umstead.

And in other news, a number of us have been helping out with the TAF Half Marathon Training Program. It's a lot of fun and everyone is very enthusiastic. We meet at TAF on Wed (6PM) and the art museum parking lot on Sat (8:30AM). Other than that, I sure hope this ice melts soon because I hate running on a treadmill (I mean I can't sing "I'm x% done, I'm x% done, I'm x% done... wahooo!" while the treadmill is still moving)!

No comments:

Post a Comment