3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, August 9, 2012

My running career is over...

I just know it...
I'm never going to be able to run fast again...
Better get used to cheering from the sidelines...
Where can I get a megaphone and some pom-poms.

Ok ok, I might be exaggerating a little bit... but I know I'm not the only one who mentally (or actually) flips out after a bad workout or race. I've gotten better... it needs to be a series of workouts now... but that's mostly because I can kind of pinpoint what's wrong as I'm typing a long email to coach asking what I should do. Kind of like what that article says, there are usually a few things that factor into a bad workout (or series of workouts):
  • Everything else going on in your life (not eating right, lack of sleep, stress, etc.)
  • Not enough recovery (lots of miles and/or hard workouts over a series of a few days)
  • Not every day is going to be your best day (adjusting to a new training plan, etc.)
  • Workouts targeting your weaknesses (type, course, weather, etc.)
However, bad workouts can serve as red flags- it might be your body telling you to take a few days off or pointing towards a chronic problem (anemia, electrolyte imbalance, etc.), so pay attention and see a doctor if the trend persists.

... I was looking for a picture of someone falling down at the finish line. There were a bunch of ones of elite athletes, but I thought this was better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment