3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New England Relay

Twelve of us (fingers crossed) are running in the New England Relay this weekend. So, I figured I'd conclude the week with a countdown of sorts. The relay runs through all six New England states (Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine). When I Googled these states and anything running-related, I got a bunch of hits for various races and running clubs (no surprise there). I did attempt to sort through to find some "fun facts", but then I gave up and decided that I'd work with what I had... so here are some of the more "interesting" races in each state:
  1. RI: Gansett Marathon (the "other" Boston Marathon)
  2. CT: Manchester Road Race (one of the most well-known Turkey Trots)
  3. MA: Falmouth Road Race (an end-of-the-summer 7-mile treat)
  4. VT: The Sap Run (I really hope they give out "maple syrup energy gel" at the water stops)
  5. NH: Mount Washington Road Race (why you would want to run an entirely uphill race is beyond me)
  6. ME: Beach to Beacon 10K (organized by none other than the most famous runner from Maine - Joan Benoit Samuelson)

No comments:

Post a Comment