3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chef #20

While I struggled to choke down the dinner that I had assembled the other night, I came across this Cook Like a Pro article on the Runner's World website, and it cracked me up.
  1. Cook what you know -> pretty sure "cook" is not in my vocabulary being that I just used the word "assemble" to describe dinner
  2. Keep it simple -> ok, I definitely have that one under control
  3. Splurge on "great" ingredients, but use them wisely -> hahaha... probably not going to happen unless the mean dinosaur sprinkles instead of normal ones
  4. Learn a few simple kitchen skills -> ok ok ok... I'll "learn" to boil water... right after I "learn" to be patient enough to wait for it to boil
  5. Taste and season
After reading the last comment, it dawned on me what was wrong with my current creation... no seasoning. So, being that dinner couldn't get much worse (at least not without adding roast beef), I opened up the refrigerator and pulled out my favorite condiment. And, ya know what, maple syrup and bananas tastes a lot better than balsamic vinaigrette and bananas! Score... dinner saved! So, while y'all are probably much better cooks than I am, the article is a short read and might save you from spitting out dinner one night! #20

No comments:

Post a Comment