3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, February 21, 2011

A Bag for Any Occassion

With weather.com's forecasts being somewhat less than spot-on, I often leave the house with enough workout clothing options to accommodate just about any condition. Essentially, this requires two bags, with my "best guess" clothing being stored in my backpack and my "Plan B" clothing in the secondary bag. I won't even try and explain how I decide on this, and I honestly feel like I'm playing a cruel game of Tetris most days.

I came across this article that reviews different gym bag options (they also include luggage). Some of these bags are really... wow, 50lbs in the Lululemon bag?!? As bad as I am, I don't think my gear even weighs 1/5 of that. And the metallic Adidas bag would definitely be easy to spot, although I think Barbie might own something similar. The Puma and the Nike bags sound the best for storing a whole bunch of stuff, with my "favorite" being the Nike, which works for everything from a day in the lab to hiking the trails of Umstead. Honestly, I find this kind of cool being that one day this past summer I could have written a grant or raced a triathlon when I left my apartment (my backpack looked ridiculous, and I almost fell off my bike when I unclipped at a traffic light and my bag "built up momentum"). Plus, it can adjust 8 ways, which I didn't even know was possible for a backpack (and would definitely prevent the pendulum effect described above).

No comments:

Post a Comment