3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Strength Training

Although strength training definitely improves performance, many runners are guilty of neglecting to do so (jeez, my ToDo list keeps growing, I need to start crossing things off!). And, while going to a gym probably offers the greatest variety of exercise options, there are some things you can do at home. For portability, you can't beat the CoreSliders (or at least according to Runner's World). You can apparently do a variety of workouts to help strengthen everything from your abs, to hip flexors, to biceps. I also found this article describing two workouts you can do at your home using only dumbbells, a chin-up bar, and stability ball. Or, you could abandon all equipment and stick with plyometrics! #20

... I used to get yelled in undergrad for not taking strength training seriously. In all fairness, the trainer made us do sets of frog jumps. We looked like we were playing a giant game of leapfrog down the hall. How did he expect me not to laugh? I mean, I needed something to keep my spirits up when the soccer players laughed as I struggled to pick up the small bar... I think they could have bench pressed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment