3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekend Outlook

Exciting weekend coming up... the Valentine's Day Massacre Relay is on Sunday! This year, we have three 4-person teams competing (male, female, and masters), and the NCSU Club XC team and some of our other friends will also be out there. Wahooo... this is one of my favorite races!

In other news, Rita got her Krispy Kreme trophy the other day. And yes, that is a real doughnut. How [insert your adjective of choice] is that?!? Also, Lululemon is hosting another yoga session on Saturday at 10AM. I have been practicing "being a flame" all week long, as well as "child's pose" (since I am apparently incapable of even relaxing correctly), and savasana (not really... I can only sit still for 3min once every 7 days).

And finally, for World Record Friday - Stefaan Engels has just recently set the record for the most marathons run in a row - 365. Yup, he ran 26.2 miles every day across 7 countries, averaging about 4hrs (with his fastest time being 2:56). And, what's even cooler, he did this despite being told as a child not to run because he had asthma.

3 comments:

  1. Is Rita supposed to eat her award? I like doughnuts, but this is just not appetizing at all. I would think Rita would be sick of doughnuts after running the Krispy Kreme race. But I was really impressed with her finish place (and the fact that she was able to eat a whole dozen doughnuts at once). Congrats Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your "being a flame" comments in the blog...too funny...I suck at yoga. I can't twist, can't touch my toes, but I can out-plank most! I wish I would try stretching every now and then. It might help!
    Have an awesome weekend at the races! I'll hold down the fort at umstead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... one time, the yoga instructor asked me if I was a runner. When I told her I was, she said, "At first, I thought you just weren't trying, but then I realized that you couldn't actually do it."

    ReplyDelete