3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cereal

Aside from being one of my favorite foods, it is also good choice for runners. And, I don't know about y'all, but I "categorize" my cereals. By this I mean that I have certain cereals that I think of as "meal cereals", while others that I think of as "snack cereals". My "meal cereals" are the ones that I usually think of as being "healthier", and generally contain some type of fruit or nut or yogurt covered something-or-other in addition to a whole grain base. My "snack cereals" fit more into the "kid's" variety. However, my Lucky Charms vs. Raisin Bran comparison got me thinking... why not combine both?!? So I googled the "healthiest children's cereals". Not surprisingly, Cheerios, Kix, and Life ranked highest... boring. However, my favorites like Lucky Charms, Golden Grams, and Cocoa Puffs scored well. So, I guess I just need to throw some trail mix into these, and I'll have created the ultimate cereal! 

2 comments:

  1. awesome. I eat frosted mini wheats and raisin bran crunch a few times a day. But you're right on the snack cereals. I'll eat Trix dry from the box for a good 20 minutes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... my problem is I pick all the "magic" marshmallows out of my Magic Stars... and then all I'm left with is "plain" stars (aka the rest of the cereal)... but even that is still good :-)

    ReplyDelete