3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Adventure / Relay Race Plans

It's good to mix up the normal routine every once in a while. Cody found some "fun" (not sure I would describe 10000V that way... better not wear minimalist shoes) Adventure Races that are semi-local:
And some relay events:
Anyways, it would be nice to gauge interest level now before (1) prices go up or (2) the events close out. Or, if anyone else has some "team events" or races (that it would be nice to get a big group going to) that they want to suggest, discuss away...

6 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun doing the New England Relay last year. I don't know what my schedule is going to look like over the next few months, but I would definitely like to do another relay-type event (I can't do NER this year due to another commitment). I know that there's also interest in a Nov. marathon. Maybe we could try and get a group together to cut travel costs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was the turn around time and approximate
      cost per person (apart from entry fee) for
      NER last year? I assume the Ragnar Relay
      would be a little less time and gas due to proximity but possibly more $ to cover the fee.

      I'd also be interested in a simple road trip (e.g to DC for a 10k or half near capital and
      monuments) involving a 1 night shared hotel room stay for a good open race in different territory.

      Further out, in spring of '13, I'm interested the Cooper River Bridge run in Charleston, SC (bridgerun.com). This year's race is 3/30 and it appears reg. closes 2/23.

      Delete
    2. Hey Dale, if you're interested in a good race in D.C., check out the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. It's obviously at the time when the Cherry Blossoms...well blossom. It's a large and competitive race. That would a fun trip!

      Delete
    3. Not sure about the price of NER this year... I'll see who's coordinating it.

      Delete
  2. This NE relay sounds cool too! I agree though we should get a team together for a relay whether it be Ragnar, NE, or Blue Ridge. Even if we could only get 6 peeps interested, the amount of running is definitely manageable for anyone training for a marathon considering the breaks and all. I know BD was interested in the idea, I bet we can get a team or two together. I've done the Warrior Dash which is like Tough Mudder/Spartan Race only it's a 5k and it was a lot of fun adding obstacles to running :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Ridge Relay has had a showing from RRO off and on over the years. I've heard great things about other relays as well (NJ, NH, OR). I'd really like to do another relay, but can't do one this fall. Maybe next year or so.

    ReplyDelete