3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Q: Why would I use my GPS watch indoors?

Km: Honestly, I too was a little confused by the whole ability to use your Garmin indoors with a footpod "feature" (note: you can't use your Garmin "as is" indoors because it's hard to "acquire satellites" through a building; the footpod is basically an accelerometer that communicates with your watch... I think). I don't know about y'all, but I trust the treadmill to let me know just how far and just how fast I ran, which is basically what I use my Garmin for. So, why shell out the extra money for a footpod? The only thing I could think of was if you were using the Garmin Connect software as a training log, it would be the simplest way (and maybe the only) to log an indoor workout.  When I searched further, I found another "reasonable" use... if you're running repeatedly around an indoor track, it's easy to lose count of what lap you're on, which would be remedied by the GPS + footpod solution. Personally, I think the whole thing is a bit silly, but to each his on.

... figured I hadn't asked myself a question in a while, so why not? Plus, someone actually found our blog with the search term "ask kilometer"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment