3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, February 20, 2012

Have your cake and eat it too


Or the running equivalent... a lightweight shoe that has a ton of cushioning... aka the Newton. We just got Newtons (Distance, Gravity, and Motion) recently at Raleigh Running Outfitters, and I tried on a pair to see what all the hype was about. For those of you who do not know, I'm a bit skeptical of any "new" running trend, and didn't expect to like the Newtons. But, I actually kind of liked running around the store in them...

So, I puzzled and puzzled and read the brochure. I looked up the "science", and the results showed me more. Maybe, I realized, I was running in the wrong minimalist shoes. Maybe natural running comes in more than one flavor too. And what happened then? Well, at RRO they say, my cadence increased three times that day (to 90 strides/min... the fundamental frequency of the shoe). And then, the true meaning of land-lever-lift came through, and I found the speed of ten Meghan's plus two!

Ok ok, I can't keep this Grinch analogy up any longer... go to RRO and try on a pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment