3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, December 3, 2012

Sugar cookies for breakfast

Mmmmmm... candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. Yes, in the season where these are the four main food groups, I decided to look for some nutritionally-sound twists. So, I'll start with a "holiday-inspired" oatmeal recipe because (1) I have oatmeal, (2) I like oatmeal, and (3) it's hard to screw up oatmeal (although I did the first time I tried to make instant oatmeal when I was 7 or 8 because I had never seen a fraction written as x/y and interpreted 2/3 as 2-3 cups... yes, I was quite the chef even then).

Sugar Cookie Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
  • 2 Celestial Seasonings sugar cookie teabags (or perhaps a different tea?)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice, as desired

No comments:

Post a Comment