3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, November 22, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure

After racing yet another random distance race over the weekend, a thought occurred to me. Despite being slightly disappointed that I might have to add "run a good 10K" to next year's List of Things ToDo, I realized that I could cross "PR in a distance close to 6 miles" off of this year's list. And, all and all, I would still describe it as a "good race"... ran strong, felt good, had fun, etc. Plus, they gave out the Wheaties cereal I like, the doughnuts at the end were just as good...

So, how to balance these things... hmmmmm... why not just make the race a random distance?!? Now, hear me out... what if there was a race where you could run whatever distance you felt like on that given day? I envision a "race" that is a loop, or a series of loops, that you run until you feel like stopping (there would have to be some time limit, maybe 2-3 hours, and some of the "standard" distances marked). I guess this is similar to the 24-hr race concept... or the 1-hr track run that we did in the spring... and I had fun doing the later. Maybe to make things more interesting, there could be random or impromptu "competitions"-- fastest first 400m, first person up the hill on the second lap, most consistent pace, etc.

Having a good day... run more.
Wishing that 8K was really a 5K... make it so.
Want to try out a new racing strategy... go for it.
Trying to see how long you can run without stopping, get a quality training run in with some friends, or want to enjoy the thrill of setting a new PR... just convince someone else to too.
Sound FUN... come on out for the Wahooo xK!

I might need to lay off the caffeinated sports beans after dark. #20

No comments:

Post a Comment