3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spectating... because somebody's gotta do it

I think good crowd support is key to racing your best. I mean, when there is no one but the guy wearing shorts that are too short in front of you and the other guy in Vibrams slapping his feet on the ground behind you... well... I'd give anything just to see some people sitting on the porch blaring Eye of the Tiger or something (seriously, I miss those guys from the Tir na nOg run). It's always nice when little kids high-five you... as long as you don't think too closely about how many people they've high-fived as you lick GU off your hand because you are incapable of opening it like a normal person. Or the older people that tell you that they wish they could still run as fast as you... the others that say "looking strong" when you know you look like hell... or the "coaches" in the crowd that tell you your place and distance to the next mile marker. So, I want to first thank all of the people that do come out to cheer. And then, as I have a difficult time spectating (I hate standing still and not competing), I found this "training plan" online (it cracked me up... and why does everyone insist on mis-spelling wahooo?!?). #20

No comments:

Post a Comment