3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Focus

Turns out, we spend nearly 50% of the time thinking about something other than what we are currently doing. This does not surprise me... in fact, personally speaking, that's conservative. I am reminded of this fact every time I do yoga. One of the things the instructor constantly says is "Focus on the present. What are you feeling now? Think about the..." Whenever they say this, I'm usually mid-thought on something else... and for about 30sec, I "remember" to think about yoga before I "forget" and start back thinking about anything and everything else. However, being that the yoga instructors appear to be so calm while I am anything but... well, perhaps there's something to this whole "focus" concept. This study pretty much confirms my hypothesis - people become frustrated/unhappy when their mind wanders too much. Interesting... but I now think I can count distance running as a form of "therapy" because it is totally acceptable to not focus too much! #20

No comments:

Post a Comment