3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Ok, for the rest of the week we're going with a Thanksgiving theme! To start things off, I googled "turkey flying speed" just to see how fast these things could go (I know turkeys don't so much fly so much as waddle... like across roads... we might have a wild turkey problem in the town that I grew up in and they might cause traffic jams). In any event, I found out that turkeys are pretty fast... 50mph... really?!? But, they don't really fly for more than a quarter mile (so all those Turkey Trots that are 5+ kilometers... the associated "kid's dashes" are much more accurate). Also found out that the "major turkey vocalizations" include: "gobbles", "clucks", "putts", "purrs", "yelps", "cutts", "whines", "cackles", and "kee-kees". Sweet... no "wahooos"... so I don't have to worry about inadvertently calling a turkey when I go run 400s around the track at home while flapping my arms (just kidding)! #20

And this was one of the first articles that popped up when I googled "turkey flying speed"... I think I am going to start annotating my days like this... will certainly make life more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment