3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, January 24, 2011

Look Up

A Mystery: Why Can't We Walk Straight? from NPR on Vimeo.


While watching this video at lunch (because that's what we do for fun in my lab), my thoughts immediately went to open water swimming. I mean aside from the whole getting swum over and drinking way too much disgusting lake water, open water swimming is hard because you have to constantly sight to make sure you stay on track. I know alternating breathing sides helps you swim straighter, but I guess this is why I still go careening off course no matter how hard I try. Good thing you don't have to swim blind-folded during triathlons, and that they actually give you bright buoys to look for! I mean really... did y'all catch that in the video?!? I would have loved to see the recruitment poster for that study... guess that's why we have to get IRB approval for stuff now!

No comments:

Post a Comment