3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekend Outlook

Once again, it appears that there's not much going on in terms of racing in NC. The only things that I could find were the CRC Winter Classic 8k (Charlotte) and the North Carolina Fat Ass 50k (Fort Bragg). Oh well, February looks a little less sparse.

So, after Meb set a PR and won the trials in GOrun's, I decided to revisit my gut reaction to a Sketcher's brand running shoe. Maybe I wasn't giving them a fair chance. After all, "for real" running shoe companies make mistakes and launch shoes or updates that everyone hates, so maybe ShapeUps belong in that category. Looking at the GOrun's, they pretty much look like a cross between the Kinvara's and Brook's PureProject line to me. Being that the Kinvara's are Saucony's second best selling shoe ever, and the PureProject shoes were back-ordered when first released... well, the GOrun's are actually pretty legit and look kind of cool in bright orange. So, while I'll never change my mind about ShapeUps, the GOrun's and I can peacefully coexist (I know y'all were real concerned about that).

However, the real question is, what the @#$% was Nike thinking dropping Meb?! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be running a 5k on the track at West Millbrook Middle School tomorrow (Sat.) at noon. This is week 4 of my sub-20/week. I'd welcome any company!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete