3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, June 28, 2010

Train Like a Jedi

So, last week I posted a bunch of legitimate training advice/techniques. However, I don't want this blog to sound like a textbook... so this week, I figured I'd tone it down a bit. Happy reading!

Got to thinking, Jedi are pretty good athletes... what's their trick? After "analyzing" the footage from The Empire Strikes Back, I have come to the conclusion that the "Jedi base workout" is basically a mixture of cardio, strength training (especially plyometrics), and yoga. Weird, that sounds kind of like what we do anyways...

So I did a little bit more research, and was amazed at what I came across... everything from advice to beginning runners to Jedi exercises to a complete JediGym! And, what's even better, people actually seem to benefit from these workouts... wow. So remember my friends, "do or do not, there is no try" (Yoda)! #20

No comments:

Post a Comment