3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Race Time Predictor

So you've run a bunch of 5K's... how fast could you do a 10K? Or a half marathon? Maybe a full? Just plug your time into this pace calculator and predict away! Keep in mind though that the closer your "actual" distance is to the "projected" distance, the more accurate the predicted time will be. At least, I hope this is the case, or I am totally slacking in the marathon (or, conversely, I'm over-achieving in a 5K... I guess this is the equivalent of the glass half full / half empty argument). On this note, you can see how accurately the pace calculator can predict your pace for a bunch of different distances and compare this to what you can actually do to see if you're more of a "sprinter" (which is laughable being that I'm talking about a 5K) or a "distance" runner.

2 comments:

  1. I've found that with all the race predictors, and I've checked out 4 or 5, that even though I train mainly for the marathon and ultra's I actually perform better in the 5k to 10 miler range. But with my pr's at the short distance from nearly 30 years ago I have no desire to train for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... all I know is that I hope Mr. Daniels and/or Mr. Yasso is right come the Boston Marathon!

    ReplyDelete