3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, July 26, 2010

Footwear for when you're not running

As I was searching for my left sandal the other day, I came to the conclusion that I spend the majority of my day in running sneakers of some variety. I mean, running sneakers for running is an obvious choice, but do I really need to be wearing old sneakers around for the rest of the day? This got me to thinking... runners have made the decision to "retire" a pair of shoes after they have broken down because they don't want to end up injured. Now, I do realize that the amount of force that is absorbed by your bones, muscles, and joints is much less when walking compared to running. That being said, as the majority of us spend more time not running, is it possible to prolong an injury by walking around in broken down sneakers?

Well, I gave up on trying to do the math on this one (if you want, I'll someday post this) when I came across an article on the Runner's World website outlining some footwear options (old running sneakers were not among them). Also found an article on ScienceDaily claiming that women who walk around in high-heels all the time run into trouble when walking in flats... weird! #20

No comments:

Post a Comment