3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tri Span 10K Report (from Brian)

On facebook I've been counting down to this race for the last week and dubbing it Operation: Mass Destructionism. 34:31 after the start of the race it might as well have been called Operation: TAF Destructionism!!! 1ST PLACE OVERALL IN THE 10K HOMMIES!!! It was a fairly humid start but not too bad all in all. It could have been a lot worse had the sun been out. It looked like it wanted to rain or at least drizzle for a bit which would have been fine by me because about five minutes after we left the house this morning I noticed that I had forgotten to grab a water bottle so I didn't have anything to drink this morning before the race. I didn't really have a problem with feeling thirsty or anything during the race. So now a few notes on the race...

The 5K and 10K start at the same time, so you don't know who is running which race until the 5K runners turn left and the 10K'ers go straight up the entrance ramp to Hwy 421. I was 5th at that point, and the everyone in front of me turned left. Pro: I was in front going onto the bridges (which I trained on quite a bit last year and still remember very vividly). Con: I was in front and didn't have anyone to chase. The first bridge is the longest, and then there is a straightaway by the Battleship. I didn't have a chance to see behind me until after the turnaround on that road... the nearest person was ~40sec behind, and that's about as close as anyone got to me for the rest of the race. I ran the second and third bridges conservatively, making sure that I didn't spend too much energy on the uphill parts to where I wouldn't be able to work the downhills. Home stretch had me passing a few of the 5K runners, and I finished 1st in this particular race for the first time in the five or six times I've ran it!

CONGRATS BRIAN... AWESOME JOB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment