3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, August 29, 2011

8/27-28 Race Reports

Sorry y'all... Internet was being ridiculously slow at my apartment last night... apparently it needs a lesson from RRO / FASTcoaching!
  • Hurricane Irene didn't stop RRO / FASTcoaching from turning in some solid performances at the Raleigh 8000 on Saturday morning. Tim Surface was 1st on the men's side, and Jennifer Curtin was 1st on the women's! Brad B. was 1st in his age group, Keith and James went 2-3 in theirs, and Bill and Walt took 3rd in their respective age groups. Our friends Jarett and Amelia also placed 1st in their age groups, and John T. was 2nd in his. I heard the wind was pretty bad over the dam at Shelly Lake, and the trek up Longstreet was no bargain at the end... NICE JOB Y'ALL! (results)
  • The Continental Divide Trail race was, in Sean's words, brutal. It was fun though in it's own little way. The men's race was first, and Sean did well, finishing in the top half of the field. I also managed to just barely finish in the top half of the women's field, and might have grabbed 3rd in my age group. The triangle-area had a strong showing, with Joe Moore and Bobby Mack going 1-3, and the Bull City Track Club taking 1st in the team competition. On the women's side, Shannon Johnstone finished 11th overall. I will post a more detailed account of this race later in the week... but suffice to say WE FINISHED (x3) WAHOOO! (men's results; women's results).
  • I heard the Nuclear Swim went well (results), and I'm waiting to hear from Kirby to see how his Ironman went.
That is all my friends... enjoy recovery / taper week!

4 comments:

  1. You guys made the Continental Divide look easy! The rock patch photos were great! Keep rocking it guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! On the way home, I was talking to my mother. I told her it was probably the hardest race that I had ever done. She said she was sorry to hear that, and I told her not to be, that "I was expecting it to be hard and it was a lot of fun." She now thinks I'm crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Pat... I think Sean was just trying to be nice and not psych me out too much before I had to run... nice job by the way!

    ReplyDelete