3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I wanna be a super hero


However, I always wanted to be able to read minds... not fly... I would get lost way too easily. I got thinking about superpowers yesterday when I was running because I saw a dead possum (for those of you who don't know, it wasn't Captain Planet that wanted to use the "power of heart" to summon possums for skis... Matt thought of that one on his own). I realized that there was a general lack of superheros that could run really fast (save for The Flash and Sonic the Hedgehog of course... scroll really far down in that Wikipedia article), and I began to think of why this might be (because running solo gives you time to tackle the "really deep" questions). I ultimately concluded that running really fast would only come in handy if you were running from something... more of a defensive strategy than an offensive strategy. I mean, I guess you could have someone run really fast to deliver a message (give Phidippides a cape and there you go), or lead a scouting party or something, but all of these could be accomplished with other powers (turns out, others agree). Plus, in the end, it's not like you could really "do" anything to your enemy by running... you'd definitely need a sidekick. This made me kind of sad. I mean, superheros are cool... running is cool... so shouldn't a running superhero be cool? Then I realized something... there are no "running" superheros because the majority of superheros can already run fast... it's like the foundation of being a superhero!


... ok, that's enough free association for one blog entry :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment