3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Outlook

There's actually a 5K this weekend - Run With Heart 5K in Morrisville (Saturday @ 8AM)! And, apparently it's a flat, fast course, which is an anomaly here in the Triangle. So, if you're a glutton for punishment, you can always run TFC Race for the Goal 5K at WakeMed (Saturday @ 8AM). Or, if you want to try a tri (hahaha)... there's Mayo Lake (Saturday @ 8AM) and Tri the Worx (Sunday @ 8AM).

In honor of the "return to 5K's" and World Record Friday, I decided to look for a record related to this race distance. This GBoWR search yielded two results, my favorite of which was the largest gathering of people dressed as sumo wrestlers. This record was set at The Sumo Run last June when 205 people showed up the start line dressed as one. Now, there are 3 things that I'm thinking: (1) that would be a really uncomfortable "outfit" to race in (and I feel really bad for the spectators and volunteers), (2) why was the event held in the UK and not, I don't know, Japan, (3) is there a charity for sumo wrestlers?!?

I tried to find a "funny" running picture for the week... then I tried to find a "weird" running picture for the week... then I tried to find a "random" running picture for the week... and finally I decided to search for a "cool" running picture for the week. When I hit 'enter', I was expecting a bunch of really neat looking finish line photos. Instead, I was reminded of an awesome movie that I totally need to watch again soon, and I stumbled that across a picture that fits into the categories of funny, weird, and random Cool Running:


No comments:

Post a Comment