3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekend Outlook

After a crazy week, what does RRO / FASTcoaching have planned for the weekend? Well, around here, there's the MOST AWESOME 8K EVER on Sat... the Raleigh 8000 (even if you don't want to race it, I think they're still looking for volunteers, and I'm sure people wouldn't mind words of encouragement up Longstreet)! However, if you would rather trip and fall and run an extra 2K, you could head to the Continental Divide Trail Race (Sat. in Laurel Springs). 

For World Record Friday, I decided to give anyone running the Raleigh 8000 something to think about on the Longstreet ascent... Toshiko Uchida can claim the record for the oldest person to have climbed 1 of the 14 peaks over 8000m. At age 71, he reached the summit of the world's 6th highest mountain - Cho Oyu ­in the Himalaya.

And, for my favorite trail running picture of the week:


Which reminds me of one of my favorite pieces of advice for how to avoid an alligator attack - don't drink or take drugs and then pass out near water areas where there are gators. And, I would be lying if I said that this didn't keep me moving around mile 24.5 of the Kiawah Marathon a few years back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment