3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sitting in the Hall Of Justice...

 

So, if there were very few running superheros, than swimming and cycling superheros are virtually non-existent (lap swimming = even more time to talk to myself). Save for Aquaman, I really can't think of anyone else, which I guess is good for multi-sport athletes... only "really good humans" to contend with. But, I still kind of want to see a superhero team of swimmers, cyclists, and runners whose mission is to, I don't know, strike down the enemies of all athletes- The Wall and his sidekicks Stitch and The Dehydrator. While lost in thought, a Prius passed me, and I was reminded of an email that Matt had sent me... they have a bike that lets you shift gears with your mind! So, who has really good mind control? Well, there's Yoda and Luke Skywalker and the rest of the Jedi, but they're pretty good athletes as it is... I know, Professor X! However, as Matt pointed out to me, Professor X does not have use of his legs, which would make it difficult for him to ride a bike even if he could control it with his mind. But wait... there are FES (functional electrical stimulation) bikes available to help people with spinal cord injuries exercise... and that link is from the Christopher Reeve Foundation... and he is superman... whoa!

Ok, back to the original topic of conversation- superhero multisport relays. Between Professor X and The Beast, I think they could sew up the relay category in a duathlon... and The Flash and Aquaman could probably do the same in an aquathon... and between all of the Jedi, I'm sure they could work out a triathlon relay! Done, whew, and just before I made it back to my apartment... next week's goal is to get good enough at "trail" running that I can listen to music on the mile stretch of single track around Lake Johnson so I don't have to talk to myself (and save y'all from this randomness... this week's challenge was running it without contact lenses... I'm such a risk taker) :-)

1 comment:

  1. ok... clearly that post had been "banked" for at least a week... but I did add to it yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete