3 New Ways to Follow E3!

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

______________________________

Come train with Raleigh Running Outfitters!

Spring Half Marathon Training Program

Or join us on one of our group runs!

Track workout from Bottle Revolution (Tues- 6:15PM)
Cary Store (Wed- 6PM) + Raleigh Store (Thurs- 6:15PM)


Raleigh Running Outfitters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.



Monday, August 22, 2011

Ask Kilometer

I was recently reminded of one of my favorite Runner's World columns - Ask Miles. This column cracks me up because people ask some pretty weird things. And, while I generally agree with the advice that Miles gives, well...

Q: I pass this girl every day while we're both running and exchange a smile. What's the etiquette on picking up dates on a run? Should I go for it?
Miles: Say something like, "You know, we pass each other every day, and this seems silly, but hi, my name is Ed." Maybe ask if she'd like some company for a mile or so. Note that this approach might weird her out. If it does, here's a final bit of etiquette: Back off! And find a new route.
Km: If a guy came up to me when I was running and said that, weirded out is the least of what I would be! I would think, "Crap, am I really that predictable?!? That's not good. What other creepy people have noticed this?!?" And Ed wouldn't have to worry about finding a new route, because I would! I would imagine that if that girl was interested, she might wave or somehow otherwise acknowledge that she passes you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment